Thursday, November 6, 2008

Welcome to my Blogroll

I have been reading some wonderful bloggers lately, and finding some of the best writers and - yes - people I consider friends out there in the blogosphere. But I realized today that I haven't updated my blogroll in months. It seems silly for me to navigate through a bunch of folders on my "Favorites" just to read a blog I visit almost every day.

And - worse - I wasn't sharing!

So - way overdue - I've updated my blogroll. Please go visit these wonderful bloggers:
  • Kizz at 117 Hudson - she posts about life in Brooklyn and New York City in general
  • Cactus Petunia at Buenos Burritos - she writes from Oregon about art, life, politics...
  • Nihal at CrossRoads - Nihal is a woman engineer living in Turkey. Her blog is full of amazing sights and ideas
  • one80three60 - she may be nameless, but she's a heckuva writer
  • Erin at Woman In A Window - Erin posts from Canada, and every time I read one of her posts I am blown away.
I have another blogroll I call More Places to Visit - I visit these sites for reference, or to learn about new things, but they are more narrowly focused on the subjects at hand. I've added a couple of great blogs I regularly visit:
  • Big Orange Landmark - describing the landmarks of Los Angeles and their histories
  • ZOCALO de Mexican Folk Art - life in a village in Mexico, and descriptions of folk art and culture
  • Exile Kiss - a blog about food, culture, mostly in L.A. but also traveling
No - I'm not posting their links in this post. Go to my blogroll (it's right over there!) and check them out - and don't forget to visit the other great bloggers there, too.

5 comments:

cactus petunia said...

Thanks alot, g! I've added you to my blogroll, too.
-Cactus Petunia

http://buenosburritos.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing : ). I love great new blogs!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing : ). I love great new blogs!

Woman in a Window said...

Hey you, thanks. That little bit of love goes a long way.
erin

Nihal said...

Oh Glennis, you are the darling blogger, inspiring writer and enthusiastic Californian.
Believe me our feet beat the streets of the world. Why not?
I just feel the tremors when we bloggers make hyper-local coverage:) Keep up good work & Happy Pink Saturday.