Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thematic Photographic - Drab

For the next week, Carmi's Thematic Photographic will be exploring the world of drab. If it's dimly lit, sad-looking, morose-feeling or poignantly-toned, he hopes you'll post it to your blog.

Drab is in the eye of the beholder.

Some people would find this drab. A loading dock, with space for a garbage compactor, bays for trucks to pull in, and drains to pull away standing water. It's the Back-of-House. Drab. Boring.

Other people - people I know - look at this modern, well-equipped new loading dock, able to handle up to four semis for a load-in, with adjustable dock plates, and get really excited!


You should see the cool lighting fixtures it has!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

It is certainly something that would never catch my eye in passing.

Interesting choice!

carmilevy said...

I had never thought of loading docks as anything BUT drab. You've very much opened my eyes to the possibilities. So cool!

JCK said...

Definitely in the eye of the beholder. It's fun to see YOU having fun with the camera.

Mojo said...

I suspect the people who have jobs because this loading dock is where it is find it very exciting. And they probably don't think of it as drab at all.

Nice take on the theme!

Lulda Casadaga said...

Nice choice...when I was growing up in the city there was a garage a few doors away and it had a loading dock. Of course, to us kids it was our STAGE!

I remember standing up there singing away...Hollywood here I come! :D

Woman in a Window said...

Drab to me, too. Anything that has concrete is pretty much drab to me. Like the natural.

Anonymous said...

Of your 3 entries this week, this is my favorite. I think if it were in B&W, it would look very drab indeed.