Monday, August 24, 2009

Clocking In

Everywhere you go in this world of human beings, you encounter something funny, something incongruous, something surprising.

Here on a Saturday, in downtown Los Angeles on Broadway, I ran into a street performer taking a break and making a call on her cell phone. Who to, I wondered? Asking if she should pick up something on the way home? Arranging a date? Checking her messages for another job?

Hey - we're all working for a living. We're all human. We're all clocking in.

5 comments:

Gilly said...

Isn't it funny - we tend to think others have no lives apart from how we see them! Like at school you are amazed to find your teachers actually do ordinary things, like shopping!

But I love her costume!

KBeau said...

I remember the first time I saw someone out grocery shopping and talking on the cell phone at the same time. I thought it was so silly. Doesn't seem silly at all to me now.

Crystal said...

Neat picture! :) Even street performers gotta take care of business. ;)

shrink on the couch said...

Maybe she needed someone to give HER a smile?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I thought it was so silly. Doesn't seem silly at all to me now.
August 25, 2009 8:48 AM
=========================
I still have no cell phone.

I like people, really! I do.

But I love being out in the high desert.

Me, myself, and I, and the plants and animals and such.
~