Friday, October 9, 2009

New buddy

We've been looking.... and we found him at the City of Los Angeles North Central Shelter.

He's a three-year old Malamute mix. He's a small guy - only about 45 pounds. He'll put on some weight in food, but I think he'll stay this size. It's hard to see in the photos, but in person the buff or sable color is more pronounced - he is black and white and sable colored.

He was good on the leash, though untrained - gotta start those obedience classes. But at his size, he's walk-able even if untrained, to start. He's active, but not hyper. And look at how prettily he curls his tail!

As the attendant walked him through the kennels to the yard where we played with him, he was interested in the other dogs, sniffing at them, but he wasn't lunging at them. And he never barked once, the whole time, even though all the other dogs were yelling. He needs a bath and a comb-out, and he needs to be neutered before we can take him home - so next week we will pick him up at the vet.

Isn't he a pretty boy? Now we have to find a name for him.

11 comments:

cactus petunia said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congratulations on your new family member! You not only chose a husky (nod to the University of Washington) but a quiet one! :)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

He's beautiful! Bless your precious heart for giving him a home! Have a great weekend!

Please come visit me at: A VINTAGE COTTAGE HOME and my new FREE 50'S RECIPE blog!

Gilly said...

He is just one beautiful dog! That colouring is gorgeous, especially over his face! He looks so intelligent and ready to go!

How about Laski for a name (sort of from Alaska!)

CaShThoMa said...

What a sweet dog; great "smile"! Hope you all have many happy years together.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congrats to both of you!

I need to adopt a new cat some day. But that means I need to move.
~

M. Bouffant said...

Are you sure he won't grow much more? His head looks a bit large for the body in the upper picture.

Looks & sounds smart, however.

Sue said...

He's beautiful. I love dogs, so I'm excited for you. If it wouldn't break my old beagle's heart...I'd get another one.

Sue

SUEB0B said...

What a GOOD dog!

Unknown said...

He is really beautiful! I am excited for you!

Beverly said...

Glennis, he is gorgeous. Or, maybe I should say handsome.

This makes me smile.