Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thematic Photographic - Junk

Each week Carmi at Written, Inc. has challenged readers with a theme for photographic inspiration. This week the photographic challenge continues with the theme JUNK.

Junk. Shiny, pretty junk. These wooden trays of antique lamp parts are displayed outside a vendor's stall in the Marche Vernaison, at the Marche aux Puces, St-Ouen de Clignancourt, one of the fabled flea markets of Paris.

Boxes of crystal prisms glittered in the noonday sun. Tempting to sort through and hold them up to make rainbows.

5 comments:

carmilevy said...

I love moments like this, where you stand on the sidewalk, mesmerized by something you wouldn't ordinarily see. And you wonder, do I or don't I? Do I dig in and explore or do I keep walking?

Tough choice, though I'd probably dig right in. Curiosity is a powerful motivator.

Great perspective on the theme. You brought me right to that Parisian sidewalk.

Sue said...

Do you think it looks less like junk and more like art because it is Paris??

Sue

Amanda Moore said...

Looks just like a swap meet, that would be lots of fun to rummage through!

Yvonne@ StoneGable said...

Hi G,
I'm glad we found eachother- that Sue, she is beginning to be my best blogging buddy! I love your post on junk. I am planning my first trip to Paris next October. You made me want to go even more!
So glad I found your beautiful site.
Yvonne

Beverly said...

I love crystal prisms. I have one hanging to catch the light in our bedroom.