Monday, October 12, 2009

Welcome home, Jack

I went and picked up our new dog from the vet today - he had his operation over the weekend.

The vet the shelter uses to perform the operations is located in Highland Park, right next door to the famous Chicken Boy - seen here against a cloudy sky.

The trip home was relatively easy. We got home and I took him to our vet. She was unhappy with the way the Highland Park vet had done the sutures, so she wanted to re-do them. I agreed, and let her keep him for an hour or so.

Now he's home. He was a little punch-drunk from the anesthesia at first, but after a while I took him for a walk. I watched him walk around the new house with the cone on his head. It's really hard not to laugh at the odd predicaments he puts himself in. The cone is a problem going up stairs and around tight corners. It's also easy to flip your dinner upside down with a cone on your head.

Right now he has finished his dinner and his medication, had a walk, and is taking a little rest.

We think we'll name him Jack. What do you think?

9 comments:

Sue said...

He looks like a "Jack" and poor baby he looks a bit sad. I love a house with a dog in it. You will have such fun with him.

Sue

cactus petunia said...

I think Jack's going to love his new home. Congratulations!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Chicken Boy looks evil, and I can't blame Jack for being freaked out.

Live will get better, Jack!
~

mo.stoneskin said...

I imagine that it would be hard to eat dinner with a cone like that (for a dog, I reckon I could manage my steak and chips just fine).

M. Bouffant said...

That's quite a second opinion.

Jack looks lively in the first picture, dopey or not. A very lucky dog.

Chicken Boy is not evil, just a survivor, & only wants you to eat chicken.

Glennis said...

M Bouffant is right - Chicken Boy is awesome. Click on the link at his name if you want to learn about him.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I see some film-makers from Columbus got mention.
~

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Jack -- getting used to a new home with a cone on his head!
He really does look like a sweet dog. :)

Chicken boy, really?? Must find out more!

Kizz said...

I did actually pay attention to the kind of bowls I was giving Eddie to eat and drink out of because I was afraid of an in-crate food and water disaster with the cone. So far, so good. He doesn't seem at all bothered with the fact that he keeps running into things.

Jack looks so delightfully fluffy. I want to sink my fingers right in at the shoulders.