Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fortune cookie

[The Man I Love] and I went out to a Chinese restaurant on a recent afternoon, to one of Los Angeles' old venerable establishments, where they are famous for their "slippery shrimp" - shrimps fried crispy and then napped in a sweet-and-sour sauce that's pungent and sharp with chiles. Very old school Chinese restaurant style, but quite delicious. And they do it right.

After our meal, we were presented with the usual tray with the bill and two fortune cookies.

Here's what the cookie I chose said to me. I am always entertaining and delightful!

[The Man I Love] broke his cookie open, read it, and told me that I had taken his cookie. Because, obviously, the cookie he got was meant for me. Here's what the cookie he got said:

What do you think?

8 comments:

MAYBELLINE said...

That's funny.
Nope. You got the right cookie.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Those are great fortunes and great photos. Very cute.

Sue said...

You got the right cookie!

Jason, as himself said...

I don't know your man, but from everything I know about you, I'd say you're the entertaining and delightful one!

Unless you both are. That would be a marriage made in heaven!

Anonymous said...

You got the right cookie. Your blog is proof of that!

Gilly said...

Your cookie was the right one! I would say the other was was meant for man!

mo.stoneskin said...

Mr G is a comedy genius.

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha SO FUNNY : )