Sunday, April 25, 2010

Get together


This Thursday marked Bossy's (No) Book tour's stop in Los Angeles. A blogger meet-up was arranged, with yours truly stepping up to choose the location and make reservations, and then worry for the three days prior because our weather had turned cold and rainy.

But all was fine on the appointed evening, and we gathered in the sheltered courtyard of a Lebanese restaurant called Alcazar, nibbling hummos and enjoying one another's company. The company included Kelly and Motherscribe and Shayera and Jason and SueB0b (and friend) and Smacksy and Tootsie Farklepants (and her lovely daughter) and Heidi and Barbra. Oh, and Flat Debbie, too!

We had a great time chatting, and after our inhibitions were loosened somewhat, Bossy had each of us confess our secret lives to the observant lens of her cameraman - I had to go first, but I decided I was glad, because that way I got to listen to everyone else's stories without being worried about what I was going to say when it was my turn.

And I have to say - I'm so impressed. Each person has an inner richness, a unique viewpoint, and his/her own fascinating story to tell. What a great thing that we have this tool of blogging to let us share our stories.

So go click on everyone's links and check them out!

I have a special reason to be grateful to Bossy and my fellow L.A. bloggers - it was two years ago at Bossy's last visit to L.A. that I was inspired to start this blog. I want to thank JCK and Tootsie Farklepants especially for urging me to go for it.

10 comments:

smalltownme said...

You had the greatest story!

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like a great time was had by all!

xoxo
Jane

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! Now how do we go about hearing your secret life? :)

Tristan Robin said...

sounds like a terrific time ...

does your secret life involve secret codes and trench coats?

barbra said...

Thanks again for stepping up and making arrangements! It was so wonderful to see everyone again!

blognut said...

Call me slow, but I just figured out that you were Aunt Snow. Heh. I was never very bright. :)

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

It was a delight to meet you. What a fine crowd to get to hang with! And those chicken livers with the pomegranate situation thingy was pretty good too...

JCK said...

You DID have the best story. A memoir needs to be addressed. That will be after you publish your coffee table book on the L.A. hideaways...

I'm so glad I helped inspire you to start a blog. You are sweet to say so. And, now we get to reap the benefits of your wonderful writing space!!

So good to see you the other night.

BrightenedBoy said...

That sounds so awesome!

I've only met up with one other blogger at a time before--I can't imagine a whole room full of us.

There's a special thrill to it because of the anonymity involved, as well; when you meet someone who operates under a pseudonym (and, perhaps, never shows his face) it's like you've unmasked a secret agent.

BOSSY said...

Fun, fun fun.