Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thematic Photographic - Favorite Photos of the Year

Carmi, at Written, Inc., posts a weekly photographic challenge, based on a theme. But this time, it's different. To wrap up the year, Carmi urges us to post our FAVORITE PHOTOS OF THE YEAR. The challenge goes on through January 6, 2010. Go visit Carmi's site and see who else shares favorite photos.

Some of my favorite photos of the year were taken purely by chance. Like these. One evening in November as the sun was going down, I was wandering by the Mid-Century Modern architectural landmark Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, designed by architect Welton Beckett in 1958. The rays of the setting sun tipped the spires at the front of the building, illuminating them like candles.

I must have taken fifty photos, from every angle, until the effect faded away. Here are two.


Click to "embiggen."

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love the first one especially! The symmetry and pattern are lovely!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Very nice, Aunt Snow.

But how do you keep it to just two?
~

21 Wits said...

Absolutely stunning!

Alexia said...

Awesome shots! I love them both, but the symmetry of the first one makes it extra special for me.
Serendipitous - I probably wouldn't have had my camera with me!!
:)