Thursday, April 7, 2011

Weekly Jack - the scamp

Jack is a real funny guy. When we finish our morning walk, he always wants to dash back in the house by himself. When we start down the steps, he turns as if to say, "Hurry up, won't you?"
Sometimes I have to make him sit pretty so he doesn't pull me.
When I do, you can almost see the tense energy as he waits with his ears turned back.

I make him sit again. And then - I let go of the leash and he bounds up the steps.
Where he waits at the door. He sits pretty while I slip off his chain collar. As soon as I open the door he noses past it inside and RUNS into the living room, and around the kitchen, his claws clattering on the floor, and then he turns the corner and LEAPS up the little carpeted stairs into the bedroom hallway, turns around in a circle twice, then FLIES back down the stairs, into the living room and finally lies down in front of his dinner bowl.


He's a scamp.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so unusual. I used to do the exact same thing when I came home from work, except I would pour a drink first. Home - the best place to be.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What Nonny said!

;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

TOTALLY cute doggy :)

Janet said...

he reminds me so much of my shiba :-)

cactus petunia said...

A very happy pup!

JCK said...

He's such a cute doggie.