Monday, August 8, 2011

Rat bastards

 Rats!!

I opened my car's hood to fill up the windshield washer, and was shocked to see the engine compartment filled with grass and leaves.


Something was nesting in my car! Not only that, it chewed through the hose for my windshield washer - that was why I didn't have any fluid.
Nest in the garbage can - we were too freaked to take a photo of it in the car
I told [The Man I Love] to check his car, and we found this NEST inside, built on top of the battery. 

So are there RATS living in our cars, or some other rodent? We think that while we were gone to London and Chicago, and the cars were idle, they moved in. Here in Topanga the usual suspects are brown rats (rattus norvegicus) , roof rats ( rattus rattus) , ground squirrels (ostospermiphilus beechyi) or an ordinary squirrel (sciurus niger).

But as far as I'm concerned, they're all RAT BASTARDS!

My beautiful little car! I'm taking the car in for service this morning to find out how bad it is.

5 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

squirrels or mice is my guess ..good luck

Mrs. G. said...

I am skeeved out for you---a nest!!

Anonymous said...

Here in the Midwest it's usually mice. They can really stink up a car, if one of the babies dies. We use mothballs when we store an auto for awhile. Don't put them inside the car, because that will stink too. Put them on top of the wheels or inside the engine (be sure to remember to remove them). The smell will keep the varmints away, if you have cats you may not want to use the mothballs because they are toxic if eaten. Good luck.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

You could get a panda! I think they eat grass, shoots, and leaves.
~

CaShThoMa said...

Yikes!!!