Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thematic Photographic - Single people

Carmi, at Written, Inc., posts a weekly photo challenge called Thematic Photographic. This week, the theme is SINGLE PEOPLE. Take a picture that supports this week's theme, then share it on your blog or website.

Click to "embiggen"
 Here's my first one on this theme. A brightly lit event venue, a dark night, a single guest walking toward the glamour.This classic Mid-century Modern building is a Santa Monica landmark.

When I took this photo, I stood in front of the building for almost a half hour, and ran through all the white-balance variants my camera could do. The moody tone is probably because the exposure is totally inappropriate. Still - it's nice, isn't it?

Only in this shot did I catch a single person walking toward the building, in a chill and lonely, moody light.

4 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Somehow that single person makes the shot.

larkswing said...

Yes, without the person, something might be missing :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I don't take many of people either, but I finally found one.

I get some of my favorite shots (like the orbs) by doing everything wrong, too.

;-)

carmilevy said...

Your patience definitely paid off with this one. You've captured such a mood here. Fate loves you, I think :)

Speaking of which...faith is our new theme, and I'm betting you'll have something similarly evocative to share.