Thursday, August 13, 2015

Tags and plates

My neighbor's vintage hearse
This week I went to the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles office, and registered my car in the State, and also transferred my drivers license from California to Louisiana.

I also went through the peculiar ritual of having what is called a "brake tag inspection." This involves pulling up behind a gas station and having an attendant mark off on a checklist as you turn your wipers on and off, check your turn signals, honk your horn and pump your brakes. For $25 cash, you get a decal for your windshield. Unlike in California, the state of Louisiana is not concerned about any emissions from your vehicle.

I am now a resident of Louisiana. I have registered to vote (as a Democrat) in the state of  Louisiana.

Each step seems to be a milestone. It's not really, I guess, but it sure FEELS like it!

2 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I imagine the insurance bill is going to be a lot lower.

David Duff said...

"the state of Louisiana is not concerned about any emissions from your vehicle."

Well, OK then, I suppose it's not all bad!